About Me

My photo
Hello. I have been keeping fish since mid year 2004. I have had a fully planted High Tech tank set up since the end of 2005. I have since expanded from a single 29g tank to: A High tech 60g, Low tech 29g, a ADA Mini M nano high tech. 2021 I purchased a small Mini All In One tank and a couple months later setup the Mini M with a Hi Tech setup.

Friday, June 22, 2007

2nd and 3rd 60g Rescapes

I was not happy with the the hardscape on the last tank I redid. It also didn't want to grow the glosso the way I wanted it to grow. It kept growing up...


I decided to try something a little different and combine some riccia and tenellus in with the glosso. This also failed at the hand of massive amounts of brown and blue-green algae. The algae forced the glosso to grow up because it shaded it...



This is my 3rd attempt at a Glosso iwagumi. I found a picture in Takashi Amano's book Nature Aquarium World 1. On page 91. It inspired me to try something like that. My aquascape is different in mine uses a much darker and sharp hardscape. Amano used petrified wood that gives a much warmer feel. My rocks instead will contrast sharply with the bright green glosso and hopefully have a nice effect.

3 comments:

RE said...

Hi your tanks look great!!
What type of rocks did you use?
I've been trying to find some dark rocks...
Thanks

William said...

Hello,

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I don't know if you will ever read this but here goes. The rocks in this tank come from a lava flow along the 395 in Central California. Its a common route for people visiting Mammoth Mountain and I just pulled over one trip and picked up some rocks of the side of the road... I was just helping to clear the shoulder.:D

klboy said...

nice effort..i also just started this kind of hobby..wish me luck!!!