About Me

My photo
Hello. I have been keeping fish since mid year 2004. I have had a fully planted High Tech tank set up since the end of 2005. I have since expanded from a single 29g tank to: A High tech 60g, Low tech 29g, a ADA Mini M nano high tech. 2021 I purchased a small Mini All In One tank and a couple months later setup the Mini M with a Hi Tech setup.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Evolution of My M.

Here is a list of pictures showing the progression of my Mini M since the end of March.

Here is a picture of the stand. I drilled it into my concrete floor to make sure it wouldn't fall over. It is very top heavy and the footprint is rather small so I am hoping this keeps me from bumping it over. In the event of a severe earthquake I think I will lose the tank though. :)




I rushed the aquascape a little on this one. I had waited a few months to get everything and assemble the stand so I was anxious. I like the rocks I used, but I don't like the effect. Maybe if I had more rock I could have made it work.




Here is my first planting. This was rushed too. I just used the plants from my 60g Iwagumi and a couple stems I had floating around.




Soon after I went to All About Fish in Long Beach, CA and purchase some Mayaca fluvatilius, and Diplis diandra. This really added a lot to the tank. The Diplis diandra was a little to picky for me and would go green and then back to red. It also seemed to rot at the base when i trimmed the tops. I guess I don't have enough light over the tank.





I then grew the plants in replanting tops and moving things around a little.




A few weeks growing in. One month after start up. 4/28/07



This is the same time just with the background off and from the side with the blinds open.





After this Picture the Tenellus really started to take over. I had to rim it off the HC all of the time and it just kept growing up. I didn't take any pictures this time with a proper background so they all seem a little dark in front. This one is the best because I used the flash. This is the only whole tank shot I have ever taken that looked decent with a flash.


These where the final pictures I took of this aquascape. It is obvious that it is not done but during that next week the tenellus grew much faster than even the fast growing stem plants. It was to much to just try and trim. I was playing around with backgrounds to see what I like and Its inbetween the blue and the red...




This is what it looks like after the re-scape. I took out the rocks and added Manzanita wood. I replanted everything except for the HC in the front. I also really need to clean the intakes and get a glass diffusor this wood one is hideous.

No comments: